Trench Safety Competent Person – OSHA Safety Training
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires a Competent Person to be on every construction project jobsite were workers are exposed to an open excavation. The competent person must have specific training in, and be knowledgeable about, soil analysis, the use of protective systems, and the requirements of OSHA Subpart P and have the authority to take immediate corrective action to eliminate unsafe jobsite conditions.
Trench Shore Rentals and Trebor Shoring Rentals Excavation Safety Competent Person Training Program enables employers to meet OSHA’s training requirements and upon completion of this program attendees should have a working understanding of the OSHA Excavation Standard 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P and of their roles and responsibilities as a “Competent Person”. This course will also help prepare employees to evaluate excavations hazards, soils mechanics and understand shoring requirements for OSHA compliance and overall job safety.
Excavation Safety Class Training Includes
- Powerpoint Presentation in Spanish and English
- Group Discussion
- Instructional Videos
- Take-home reference class workbook
- Completion of class certificate and wallet card
- Introduction to Trench
- OSHA Excavation Standard 29 CFR Part 1926
- Regulations and Requirements
- Protective Systems
- Soil Mechanics and Soil Analysis
- Excavation Planning and Competent Person Responsibilities
- Confined Space and Requirements and Overview
Choose the TSR location closest to you below for additional information or to set up your training class. Offsite excavation safety training at affordable prices.